Like many bloggers, I love travelling and taking photos. I started taking photographs as soon as I started travelling, many years ago.
As a fair, red head with curly hair and lots of freckles (and a tall one as well) you have some interesting experiences. In Nepal, I was hexed by an older lady, I’m sure she thought I was some sort of evil spirit. In Vietnam, the locals wanted to touch my skin as it was so fair and white. In Malaysia, whilst getting a head massage, the local hairdressers just didn’t know what to do with my hair.
This blog is an attempt to share some of the places I’ve visited over the years.
The more I travel, the more I want to see and more places I want to visit (and many places to go back to). It is such a big world out there, so much to see.
My favourites are the wild places, the big landscapes, and also the wildlife.
My bucket list (in no particular order other than by Continent):
- Galapagos Islands
- Equador and the Amazonian rain forest
- The salt plains of Bolivia
- Red wine and tango in Argentina
- Rio de Janeiro
- Jaguars in the Patanal
- South Georgia
- The Falklands
UK and Europe
- Lofoten Islands in Norway (I’ve been there once, but must visit again)
- Iceland in the Spring (and in the summer and winter too)
- The Dolomites in Italy
- Hike part of the Camino de Santiago
- Whiskey tour around Scotland
- Faroe Islands
- Outer Hebrides
- Hike the Jurassic coast
- Cherry Blossoms in Japan
- Tigers in the wild in India
- Milford Sound in New Zealand
- Western Australia for the wildflowers in Spring
- Overland trail in Tasmania
- Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Yosemite Grand canyon and Utah Route 1 from San Francisco to Los Angeles
- New Orleans
Vancouver Rocky Mountains Lake Louise, Banff
- Boston in the Autumn
- Glacier National Park & Mount Rainier National Park
- The great migration in the Mara (I love the Mara)
- Cape Town
- Mana Pools